Thursday, February 5, 2015

February 3, 2015


The Mormon Battalion Historic Site
Elder Quiñonez, Elder Hansen& Ramon

Elder Hansen & Juan


Hola!

Our investigators are doing well, we are still hoping to get a firm date on a divorce for Pamela's dad, Ramon and his ex-wife (from a long time ago in Mexico) so that he can marry Pamela's mom (they've been together for 10 years). But if they can't see closure on that we are going to go ahead and baptize Pamela this month. Their son Juan got baptized a few years ago and is preparing to go on a mission. We love visiting that family. We had an awesome lesson yesterday with them about faith and Alma 32. They also took us to an awesome activity they had at the Mormon Battalion on Saturday, it was really fun! 

Carolina is in the process of moving, but she doesn't really know where she is going, so we have been trying to get a hold of her the last couple days, she's just been really busy, but she continues to learn, we just need her to do her part by reading the Book of Mormon and praying.  For some reason very few people are willing to do that for themselves. If they would just do those simple things than they would be so much better off!

We met a lady named Yolanda this past week, she is very excited to learn more about the church, she's been going through some very rough times, but she's confident that this is the congragation that God wants her to join. So that's exciting. She read the whole restoration pamphlet without us even asking and she has a ton of awesome questions, so we are hoping to set her with a baptismal date and have her come to church soon! She's already talking about volunteering in the church (she want's a calling).  

We are learning a ton going through the training program together. It's a lot of fun going back through it now that I have a tiny bit of experience. But mostly we are just learning together. I don't know if my president has faith in me or if he's just crazy...but it's a fun experience.  Elder Quiñonez is an awesome missionary so it's not hard! (Plus he already mostly knows Spanish :)

I can't believe the Seahawks came up just short :( I saw the last play at a restaurant yesterday :/ it made me sad. But that's still my squad! I still love them! haha

I bought my bike from another missionary for $40 and then just had to buy a new tube. It's a 26" GT aggressor. I don't know if it's expensive but it's in great shape. It came with a nice lock but I lost the key... BUT! my ward mission leader works in construction so he cut the key lock off and gave me a better lock that's a combo lock and it is way harder to cut, so I upgraded. The bike works like a champ. Elder Q got one at a local bike shop for 50 bucks and his is super good too so we lucked out!

I got the Dictionary you bought for me.  The translator hasn't shown up yet but we haven't gotten the mail yet today! The dictionary is awesome!!! Thank you so much! Now I'm going to know all of the words in Spanish! And I bet the translator is siiiick! 

A whole bunch of missionaries (including us) went to the temple. It was awesome!!! I love the temple! The SD temple is sooooo beautiful, inside and out. 

Thanks for being the best family ever!

Love,
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment