Wednesday, April 22, 2015

April 21, 2015 - Transferred to Lemon Grove/Sweetwater



Hey fam!

What's up?? 

I'm now serving in the Sweetwater 3rd branch in the Sweetwater stake. My area covers Lemon Grove, part of Sweetwater and then part of it is in San Diego. The area is gigantic. And we don't have a car so we travel a lot by bus and trolley and we walk. The branch is awesome. It's actually bigger than my last two units, which were both wards so I'm not sure why this one is a branch. I'm also super stoked because I'm in the same Zone as Elder Carlson. I was so happy to see him again! My mission dad :)

My new companion is Elder Gonzalez from Cuernavaca Morelos Mexico. It's pretty cool, he's the only missionary in the mission I think that comes from Mexico. A few others were born there but then moved to the US. He obviously speaks perfect Spanish which is awesome. He helps me a ton. And he studied English for like 12 years in school so he speaks that well too! He usually speaks to me in English and I speak to him in Spanish. That way we both can learn. Elder Gonzalez has been out on the mission for about 3 months  He came out with Elder Quinonez, my mission hijo. They were comps in the MTC. He's has been here for 2 transfers. His whole mission! 

We live really far away from church...sometimes we have to take the bus to church but usually members give us a ride. We have investigators, but nothing super solid at this point. It's been kind of a slow first week as I get used to the changes and the new area. There hasn't been a whole lot going on lately here as far as the work goes.  It's really difficult to get out to all the parts of our area because of how big it is. But we are still working super hard! Things will pick up!  We are gonna turn things around.

The highlights of this week have really been getting to know the members and a few of the investigators. The branch is really strong, and they have an awesome sense of unity.  Friday the branch had a talent night, which was sweet. The relief society asked us to participate in it. Elder Gonzalez played the "groom" in the 10 Virgins story and I said one little line into a microphone backstage. Haha I'll throw in a picture of that.

Friday we had our first district meeting. Part of what I have to do now is plan out the district meetings...It's kind of a hassle but it's pretty fun too. In my district it's my companionship, and two companionships of sisters. 2 of which are Sister Training Leaders. It's a pretty awesome group!  My whole district is in the Sweetwater Branch. 3 companionships! It's sweet how many missionaries are in Spanish units here. Our mission is shrinking from 250 to 200 though in the coming months so there are going to be a lot of changes in the coming transfers. I'm not going to lie it makes me a little nervous.

This week we have a special Mission Leadership meeting, and some of the people from the missionary department are coming. Normally District Leaders don't go to the Mission Leadership Conference so this is pretty exciting stuff. We will see what goes down there! I imagine it's about the ipads that are coming. 

All in all it's been an awesome week! Love you all! 

Have a great week! 

Elder Hansen 

Elders Hansen & Gonzalez

Sweetwater 3rd Spanish Branch

Branch Talent Night - The Parable of the 10 Virgins



No comments:

Post a Comment