Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tuesday, January 26, 2016



Tuesday, January 26, 2016  Buenos days familia y friends!!

I hope you enjoy the Spanglish subject line...that's about how I'm feeling now, I'm brushing up that Spanish! Hoping to go teach in Spanish soon.

This week has been an interesting one. Time keeps flying faster and faster... Last week we had an awesome worldwide broadcast on missionary work from Salt Lake City. Elder Oaks, Elder Anderson, Elder Bednar, Elder L. Whitney Clayton, Elder Neilson, sister Oscarson and Bishop Waddell addressed us. It was awesome. They didn't talk about anything revolutionary really, but FUNDAMENTALS ARE KEY, in pretty much everything we do. It brought be back to my days in like second grade playing sports when dad would always tell me to practice the fundamentals and I'd be like "whatever" but then he would make me do it anyway. Haha even the Apostles focus on the basic fundamentals of the gospel and of missionary work, so that's what we are focusing on.
It's awesome. I learned so much from the broadcast.

The rest of Wednesday we had exchanges so I was in another ward with Elder Thueson. We had a good time, found some good potential investigators for their area. Finding new people to teach is something we are always working on with our zone, it's a big focus here because it can be really challenging, but we have seen a lot of improvement in the past couple of weeks.

Thursday we exchanged back, but before we did I went to an English class that the other elders help out with, teaching to Chinese speakers, that was kinda fun. It's really hard for them, but bless them for trying their best to learn English :) that afternoon we spent in interviews with president, that took up our whole afternoon pretty much because we help facilitate, therefore we are here the whole time. But it's all good. That night we ran into a couple of people that we know the Lord was placing in our path. We got stuck in 5 o'clock traffic on the way back from interviews so we were super late to
dinner at a restaurant with a member, but because we were late we ran into a family in the parking lot that we have been trying to get a hold of for like a month, so that was a cool little miracle. Later that night we felt impressed to go visit a couple that lives in our same complex, who we had just met once when she was locked out of her apartment. We went by and they had a few minutes so we taught a great lesson about the  restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. They are super awesome, so we are stoked about them.

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful! Taught a couple really good lessons, the usual. Yesterday was one of this days where no one is home and you knock the door of like everyone you know and wonder if they are all hanging out somewhere...it was weird. It's weird that even those days in the mission are good days.

I've been thinking about these verses a lot, especially when we were talking about the importance of the Holy Ghost in conversion and in the Lord's work in general. In  everything we do, we should not rely on the arm of flesh, but on the Holy Ghost.

34 O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.

35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.

Love you all! Have a great week.

Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment