Thursday, September 25, 2014

El Horno Está Enfriando un Poco (The Oven is Cooling Down a Bit)




Hello my dear Family and Friends! :) 

I received a bunch of letters forwarded from the CCM today. Thank you to everyone for writing me! It was great to get mail as well! :) it's like my favorite thing! 

Some highlights from the week! 
Last Tuesday we had an awesome Mexican Independence party! We had a sweet turnout! And a few investigators showed up as well! it was sweet!! We had some awesome food there too!

Wednesday was transfers! It was a craaaaaaaazy day! We got a new Elder here, Elder King who is awesome, plus two additional Elders who are opening a new area out here. The work is progressing so fast in the valley! It's awesome! 8 missionaries in our little ward!!! Elder Collins and Sherman are both studs as well. We traded in our Chevy Cruze and picked up a nice ol minivan. I'm the driver this transfer! Its our swagger wagon! :) 

We continue to teach Anna, we have now taught her just about all we have, but we are going to start over to teach her 9 year old son Derek so he can be baptized as well!! They are amazing. We have seen such an awesome difference in their house. I love visiting them so much!!

Saturday we had district exchanges. I went down to the bike area with Elder Takke. We had a blast!! We got to teach some good lessons and we ate some good meals as well! Usually Saturdays everyone is in Mexicali, but we were able to find a lot of people home! It was a miracle!

Sunday was a great day in church!!! Anna's son came for the first time, so we went to primary with him. It was awesome, I missed primary so much!! :)

That night I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I was with Elder Fowler. It was a blast! I learned so much from him, he's an amazing missionary! We had an awesome day. 

Some random lady called us we have never met before and asked us to move a "few things", so we went to help in proselyting clothing. Turns out they had a full storage unit, full of metal, dirty junk in it and it was stinkin hot! By the end our clothes were completely covered in dirt, and we were drenched in sweat, but it was still fun! 

Today we went out to salvation mountain, which wasn't all that exciting but it was a good thing to do I guess. 

Love and miss you all! Can't wait to hear from you!

Elder Hansen

P.S. This is a poem that Elder Fowler Showed me. I loved it so I thought I would share it.

The Fellowship of the Unashamed
I am a part of the fellowship of the Unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit
Power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has
been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow
down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense,
and my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight
walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions,
mundane talking, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or
popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised,
regarded, or rewarded. I now live by presence, learn by faith, love by
patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.

My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my
way is rough, my companions few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted,
or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the
presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the
pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of
mediocrity.

I won't give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I've preached up, prayed
up, paid up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ. I am a
disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until He returns, give until I drop,
preach until all know, and work until He comes.

And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My
colors will be clear for "I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the
power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.."




Salvation Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment